The Scale Garage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hmmm dilemma or easy fix

4 posters

Go down

Hmmm dilemma or easy fix Empty Hmmm dilemma or easy fix

Post  Jayboy74 Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:56 am

So I go to charge up the lipo 2S and when I hit enter on charger, it says after battery check... Low voltage and won't charge..

So I'm thinking no ####. Low voltage that's why I want to charge it, but Is there something more sinister or an easy fix
Jayboy74
Jayboy74

Legend Status : 0

Back to top Go down

Hmmm dilemma or easy fix Empty Re: Hmmm dilemma or easy fix

Post  Rustykaos Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:01 am

If a lipo voltage goes too low it becomes unusable and unstable. That's why esc's have a lipo cutoff to avoid this. I have heard of people using the nimh setting to charge enough for the lipo setting to recognize but 4/5 of the time can cause severe damage including lipo fires (YouTube lipo fires as they can get pretty serious). Best case it might charge again but will never be the same. Best thing to do is soak the battery in salty water to fully discharge it and then throw in the bin. Buy a new one and your good to go.
Rustykaos
Rustykaos

Legend Status : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayboy74 Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:37 am

Rustykaos wrote:If a lipo voltage goes too low it becomes unusable and unstable. That's why esc's have a lipo cutoff to avoid this. I have heard of people using the nimh setting to charge enough for the lipo setting to recognize but 4/5 of the time can cause severe damage including lipo fires (YouTube lipo fires as they can get pretty serious). Best case it might charge again but will never be the same. Best thing to do is soak the battery in salty water to fully discharge it and then throw in the bin. Buy a new one and your good to go.

Do they tend to just die when not in use? It's been a while since I charged it, so it may have leaked out so to speak?

My other two have charged no problems

They are the same age

Jayboy74
Jayboy74

Legend Status : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:44 am

yeah sometimes they survive hibernation sometimes they dont , ive lost a few that way ....
azwa
azwa

Legend Status : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  REDNUT Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:18 am

ive done a few using the nimh method, just do like 10min of charging to bump it up a little then try to balance charge,

well that's my rednek technique and I haven't had a issue,

always recharge your lipos on the storage setting if it could be a few weeks between use

REDNUT

Legend Status : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum