The Scale Garage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Junfac universal shafts?

2 posters

Go down

Junfac universal shafts? Empty Junfac universal shafts?

Post  chicaboo Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:58 am

Hey gang,

I upgraded the motor in my Dingo to a Tamiya RZ, and consequently my uni/prop shafts lasted a few minutes before licorice sticking and busting off at the pins.
I have weighted wheels too, which weren't a problem with the old stock motor, but I think the extra torque from the RZ was too much with this combination.

I'm looking at getting Junfac shafts, and the J90025 kit is what they recommend for the Dingo. However this kit comes with 82-117mm and 95-130mm shafts.
The problem is that my Dingos shafts are the same length front and back, and around 115mm compressed, so I suspect I need 95-130mm shafts front and back?
Junfac have a J90026 kit which contains 2X 95-130mm shafts, and I am suspecting that this would be more suitable for the SWB Dingo RTR. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks, Gav.
chicaboo
chicaboo

Legend Status : 0

Back to top Go down

Junfac universal shafts? Empty Re: Junfac universal shafts?

Post  BIGBOY Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:21 am

Hey gav when I got mine there were two scx10 kits listed one for the honcho and a dingo kit look up junfac directly it was much eaiser and verry quick .
BIGBOY
BIGBOY

Legend Status : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  chicaboo Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 am

Yep, Junfac list the short/medium shaft combo for the SCX10 [not Honcho].
http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=27&products_id=276

I'm just worried that the rear 82-117mm shaft in this kit isn't long enough, as my stock units are the same length.
chicaboo
chicaboo

Legend Status : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down