The Scale Garage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QROCK RD 3 2nd October 2011

+9
lunatick
ma1tese_fa1con
gravedigger
Jayboy74
Big fella
bazuky
scottb
azwa
stika
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

QROCK RD 3 2nd October 2011 Empty QROCK RD 3 2nd October 2011

Post  stika Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:26 am

Round 3 Qrock 2011

Simpson Falls, Mt Cootha
Maps are in the second thread

Date

Sunday 2nd October 2011

Time

8.30am

Classes

Scale
Trail
Outlaw
Rock Racing

There must be min of 5 cars 100% nominated by 7.00pm Friday 30th September 2011 for that class to run

Last edited by stika on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

stika

Legend Status : 0

http://www.rockcrawlingqld.com

Back to top Go down

QROCK RD 3 2nd October 2011 Empty Re: QROCK RD 3 2nd October 2011

Post  stika Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:27 am

sunny

stika

Back to top Go down

Post  stika Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:34 am

1 General

1. These rules apply to all classes of competition vehicle being Outlaw, 2.2 Rock Racing, 2.2 Unlimited 2.2 Trail, Scale and RV classes.
2. If there are not 5 trucks pre-registered for a class ten then that class shall not run.
Courses will be set to the course designer’s discretion.
3. 10 minute track time limits will be enforced.
4. During competition, a vehicle on the course can only be touched by the nominated Track Marshal.
5. All will participate in Track Scorekeeper and a Track Marshalling; these people shall be nominated prior to the commencement of each run on each track.
6. The Track Scorekeeper and Track Marshal shall keep their full attention on the
competition and shall not enter into idle discussion with the spectators or competitor
7. A competitor must use his/her own vehicle in order to accrue points towards their respective competition series. It is allowable for a vehicle to be used by another competitor.
8. Water crossing shall only be permitted in scale class, the water shall be fresh water that is no deeper than 40mm at it deepest point

2 Penalties/Scoring

2.1 A person who does not complete all gate cannot be beaten by a person that has completed less gates
Standard Gate - 10 pts
Bonus Gate - 10 pts
Reposition + 15 pts
Boundary + 5 pts
Reverse + 1 pt

2.2 If you fail to complete a course in the points will be awarded for where you finish the track.
2.3 Lowest score wins
2.4 At the end of each track each competitor will be awarded a placing and will receive points
1st 100 2nd 95 3rd 92
4th 90 5th 88 6th 87
Dropping in 2 point increments until each competitor receives a score

3 Course Time

3.1. Every course will have a maximum ten (10) minutes DNF time
3.2 Once the time has expired, the vehicle must be removed from the course immediately.
3.3 Time will start once any part of the vehicle enters the course.
3.4 Time will stop once the vehicle passes fully beyond the imaginary line between the finish gates.

4 Competitor Order

4.1 The order of competitors is at the event organisers descretsion and will be announced no later than the drivers briefing.
4.2 Any competitor who chooses to arrive / tech late will be placed at the beginning of a group for all courses.
4.3 It is possible for a vehicle to be used by more than one competitor however the owner of the vehicle MUST drive it first or they will be penalised with the removal of their competition series total.

5 Sportsmanship

5.1 During this event, proper sportsmanship is required. If a competitor promotes un-sportsman like conduct, is rude or abrasive to officials, local authorities, other competitors or spectators, destroys property, or displays drunken or disrespectful behaviour, they may be disqualified from the current event and/or future events.
5.2 The goal of this event is to promote a respectable sport and promote sponsoring companies in a professional light.
5.3 Un-sportsman like conduct will not be tolerated.

6 Event Meeting (Driver’s Meeting)

6.1 All competitors should attend the Event Meeting although this is not mandatory.
6.2 This meeting will typically be at the site of the first course following the close of tech.
6.3 Important information is given at these meetings such as posting of running order, special conditions and a course run through.
6.4 Failure to attend is not an excuse for infractions or not knowing information given at the Event Meeting.

7 Standard Gates & Boundaries

7.1 Gates are designed to lie out the course and all gates must be taken in the order and forward direction intended by the designer.
7.2 To ease navigation, all intermediate gates will be marked, in order, from start to finish.
7.3 Gates shall be at least 20” (510mm) wide. Gates can be made wider but it is up to the course designer’s discretion.
7.4 Negative ten points (-10) are awarded for every gate successfully passed.
7.5 A gate is not deemed successfully passed unless:
7.5.1 At least three wheels pass cleanly through the gate markers (these three wheels cannot touch the marker or the place where the marker stood (if dislodged).
OR
7.5.2 A reposition is requested by the competitor and the appropriate penalty recorded by the Track Scorekeeper.
7.6 Five (+5) penalty points will be issued for every cone or boundary touched.
7.7 Cones that fall due to wind, and unstable rocks etc will not count as a touched gate unless a vehicle’s tyre or axle crosses the original “intended” location of that cone.
7.8 Once a cone is touched it is considered disqualified from that obstacle for the competitor who touched it and may not be counted for a second contact.
7.9 While attempting to clear a gate, a vehicle may “float” a tyre over a cone.

8 Bonus Gates

8.1 A Bonus Gate may be included throughout the course.
8.2 Bonus gates are optional and will be marked or coloured differently to a standard gate.
8.3 Bonus gates are worth negative ten points (-10) and are counted after the rearmost portion of the vehicle clears the imaginary line defining that gate.
8.4 Bonus gates can be added at the course designer’s discretion although a limit of one bonus gate per course applies.
8.5 Bonus gates are not compulsory.
8.6 All other penalties apply when taking these gates.

9 Reposition

9.1 A reposition (+15) penalty points must be within 12” (0.3m) of the resting position.
9.2 The vehicle can be placed anywhere in this radius (only by the Track Marshal) at the driver’s direction.
9.3 If a vehicle is repositioned through a gate, the gate points are not awarded.

10 Roll Over’s

10.1 No penalties apply for a roll over and a competitor can attempt to self right the vehicle; however vehicle must drive from where it lands.
10.2 If vehicle correction requires assistance from the Track Marshal then a reposition penalty shall apply.
10.3 All reverses made during a self recovery attempt count as reverse penalties.

11 Reverse

11.1 One (1) penalty point is issued to the competitor for a purposeful reversal. A purposeful reversal or back up is considered when a driver puts the vehicle in reverse and backs and rolls back, etc.
11.2 A back is not counted when an obstacle pushes the vehicle back.
11.3 A reverse made in an attempt to save a rollover is considered an infraction and will receive a penalty point.
11.4 A backing penalty is also counted if a competitor uses a “reverse burn”.
11.5 If a competitor starts the course in reverse, they will immediately receive one (1) point for backing and everything will be judged as normal. If the competitor completes the course in reverse (never making a change in direction), the point for reverse will be removed from the score.
11.6 When a reverse penalty is taken a competitor may reverse as far as they wish and no further reverse penalty shall be applied until forward motion is regained. I.e. the driver can reverse, stop and reverse again without incurring a further penalty.
11.7 “Blipping” reverse to unlock a rear disconnect transmission to allow it to disconnect shall not be counted as a reverse provided the vehicle does not move in the reverse direction and the driver nominates there intension prior to doing so
11.8 Reverse penalties do not apply to 2.2 Rock racing class

13 Rock Stacking / Course Building

13.1 Rock stacking, course building or course alterations i.e. removing debris from travel path, by the competitor is not permitted in any shape or form.
13.2 The Track Marshall or Track Scorekeeper may replace a rock or fill a hole dug by a competitor which is deemed a disadvantage to all following drivers. This shall be at the Track Marshall or Track Scorekeeper’s discretion.

14 Winching

14.1 Winches may be used for the purpose of active vehicle ride height adjustment without incurring penalty - this cannot be performed in Scale, RV and Limited class

15 Protests of Track Scorekeeper / Track Marshal Rulings

15.1 Track Scorekeeper / Track Marshal have the final say in all cases save for a misunderstanding of a rule.
15.2 Marshals can overturn a decision in cases of misunderstanding of rules or in extraordinary cases. This is true whether the points are given to a team or taken away. A Marshal will not over-turn a “judgment call.” i.e. a call on a cone, out of bounds, reverse, etc.
15.3 If a call comes into question during a team’s attempt on a course, the competing team should call a time-out immediately. The course Scorekeeper will stop the time and the problem will be addressed through the Track Scorekeeper or Track Marshal.
15.4 One competitor protesting another competitor does NOT stop the clock.
15.5 The protesting competitor must wait for the completion of the obstacle before issuing protest. One competitor may NOT protest another on “judgment calls”, as described above, unless there is a clear “misunderstanding of the rules.
15.6 Treatment of Track Scorekeeper and Track Marshal falls under sportsmanship.

16. Mechanical Break Down

16.1 Battery’s shall not be replaced during any stage of a competition track
16.2 Vehicle may be touched to remove vegetation that may damage or hinders the vehicles performance

17. Vehicle Specifications

17.1 OUTLAW CLASS.
-There is no vehicle restrictions in this class other than it has to be remote controlled.
- No height or clearance restrictions
- No body or tube frame restrictions
- No WB or width restrictions - Refer to the rules as to gate measurements to not be too wide.

17.2 2.2 Unlimited
- Max 320mm Wheel Base at ride height
- Max tyre size - No taller than the largest available 2.2 tyre.
- No body or tube frame restrictions
- No width restrictions
- No winches - (winches fitted to vehicle can be used for ride height adjustment).
- No axle configurations are exempt providing you fit within the dimension requirements.
- Digs and rear steer permitted.

17.3 2.2 Trail
- Max 320mm Wheel Base at ride height
- Max tyre size - No taller than the largest available 2.2 tyre.
- Steering linkages shall be in front of the forward axle only. This includes the servo horn, steering links and steering knuckles.
- BTA (Behind the axle) and OTA (over the axle) steering configurations are not allowed.
- The only control the Driver is to have over the vehicle is for throttle and steering. Any combination of – No other functions, either mechanically or electronically can be controlled by the driver
- Vehicles shall be bodied, additionally;
- Chassis must be TVP (twin vertical plate) types only.
- Vehicles must be shaft driven only and powered by a single motor

17.4 SCALE CLASS
- 1:10 to 1:8 class scale bodies only
- Must be shaft driven
- No maximum wheelbase however must be equal to that of the body used.
- Max 1.9" rims permitted, smaller may be used
- Max 1.9 size tyres or smaller may be used, as specified by the manufacturer.
- Max width is 300mm
- No front digs
- No rear steer- 2wd/4wd operation permitted and may be used in competition, front axle may be free wheel only, no locking of axle permitted.
- No dovetails front or rear permitted on lexan/hard bodies, tray styles excluded however must comply to wheel coverage etc.
- Minimum chassis length must be equal to the wheelbase at ride height. It must meet the central vertical plane of each axle
- Minimum of 50% of the vehicle to be a lexan or hard body. (This would mean cutting a roof off or cutting down to a Ute).
- Minimum 50% of tyres must be covered by guards or flares.
- There will be no bonus points for accessories fitted..
- Again any item/modification seen to be outside the SPIRIT OF THE CLASS will be knocked back, this is at the marshal/scrutineers discretion. If you are not sure ASK before you arrive to a competition.

17.5 RV (Recreational Vehicle) Scale Rules

- Vehicle must resemble a 1:1 version and be legal to drive on roads.
- Chassis must be continuous and cover both axles. IFS chassis, such as Tamiya brand are accepted.
- Only 1.9 wheels or smaller shall be used.
- Tyres may not protrude past the body by more than 15mm.
- Vehicle bodies are to be of OEM standards. Shall have tail lights (Tail light don't have to function)
- No chopper's. Utes are to have a table top with mud guards covering 1/3 of the tyre. Trays shall have head board and tail lights.
- Front bars are required. Front bars can be trimmed.
- Vehicles with no doors, no roof or tailgate must have a full interior and floor pan.
- Roll cages shall be fitted in vehicles with no roof.
- Vehicle lift height is restricted. At parked height only half the tyre height, from the top of the tyre to the top of the wheel arch.
- Wheel arches can be trimmed but must fall in to lift height rule.
- Diff locks are accepted.
- Battery must be mounted to chassis.
- 4 wheel steering and motor on axle is not allowed.
No digs allowed. Only to disconnect the front wheels. 2WD/4WD. No locking of wheels.

17.6 Rock Racing
-Tyre size no bigger than the biggest 2.2 tyre
-Batteries cannot be mounted on the front diff
-Vehicles shall have some sort of body, which has an identifiable bonnet and roof
-Rear steer is allowed
-Digs are allowed
-Rock racing courses will be scored on time, any penalties incurred under section 2 of these rules will have the equivalent penalty in seconds added to the course time/score

SPIRIT OF THE CLASS - Surely you do not need me to clarify this for you but I will, if you are about to commence on a modification and think to yourself, 'I wonder if this will be allowed', it probably won’t. So ask first as denial at the start gate will be sure to annoy and we the marshals will not be entering into a childish debate about it. No will mean NO.
If you are looking to bend a rule to suit your wants this will be seen as out of the spirit of the class. You’re not stupid; please do not leave the marshals/ scrutineers in a position to tell you otherwise.

NB. These rules may be subject to change up until no later than 1 week prior to the commencement of racing season.

stika

Back to top Go down

Post  stika Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:37 am

Competitors

Scale
1. Stika
2. Bazuky
3. Ben Bazuky
4. Scottb

2.2 Trail

Outlaw

Rock Racing
1. Stika
2. Bazuky
3. Ben Bazuky

Last edited by stika on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

stika

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:32 pm

front axle may be free wheel only, no locking of axle permitted.

do i have to take the locker out of my front diff ?

10.3 All reverses made during a self recovery attempt count as reverse penalties.

thats punishing bud feel the PAIN especially if ya dont get the recovery & have to take a repo aswell lol!

if ive fixed my junk by then , i'll come along .
need a decent brushed motor just waitin on tzi to get stock Sleep

Azwa ...
azwa
azwa

Legend Status : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  scottb Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:19 am

I'll be there unless I get called back early
scottb
scottb

Legend Status : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  stika Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:40 am

azwa wrote:front axle may be free wheel only, no locking of axle permitted.

do i have to take the locker out of my front diff ?

thats punishing bud feel the PAIN especially if ya dont get the recovery & have to take a repo aswell lol!

if ive fixed my junk by then , i'll come along .
need a decent brushed motor just waitin on tzi to get stock Sleep

Azwa ...

locked diffs are ok, it funny wording that basically says you can have the ability to unlock the front drive

stika

Back to top Go down

Post  bazuky Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:53 am

i am in for scale and little bazuky might be aswell
bazuky
bazuky

Legend Status : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Big fella Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:07 am

i will try and make it down Brett.
Big fella
Big fella

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayboy74 Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:07 am

for the newbies here, what is this like and basically is a standard honcho ok, or does it require modification to comply.

I haven't got my roster for this date yet and may consider it, but am worried its out of my league and i don't have the right equipment required to give it a good go for the team.

Advice?
Jayboy74
Jayboy74

Back to top Go down

Post  bazuky Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:28 am

Mate this is not a teams event and you can run a stock honcho but there are penalties for reversing and hand of god and sometimes a boundary if marked but other than that it is a relaxing day of crawling with some good people but a little more completive than the scale garage comps but you will have a ball there are wood fire BBQ and toilets but no shops close for food and drinks Plenty of grass for the kids to run around but no swings so might get a little boring ( I'm know mine does and he drives but still whinges). So come along and meet some new faces and see some of the best Rc crawling in Brisbane
bazuky
bazuky

Back to top Go down

Post  gravedigger Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:35 am

see some of the best Rc crawling in Brisbane

Are you saying I have to be there too geek
gravedigger
gravedigger

Legend Status : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  bazuky Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:04 am

I said crawling not bawling that I don't have flat irons so I can't get up that little hill butt yeah it would be good to come and watch me and my flat irons work and there might even be a dog there
bazuky
bazuky

Back to top Go down

Post  bazuky Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:05 am

Hey Bret put me in 2.2 aswell
bazuky
bazuky

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayboy74 Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:23 am

ok, no worries, what are the costs invovled, entry etc, and basically all you need for scale is the vehicle and radio, and you drive.

How many runs do you normally get? and i see we have to act as track marshalls etc do they show you what to do?

I'll suss out my roster and see what i can do
Jayboy74
Jayboy74

Back to top Go down

Post  scottb Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:32 am

gravedigger wrote:
see some of the best Rc crawling in Brisbane

Are you saying I have to be there too geek

Hahahaha......your funny Chucky

Can I bring my dog to.......???
scottb
scottb

Legend Status : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  bazuky Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:51 am

You can bribe me but it won't get any advantage and the rest is easy as long as you can wright( but not any tickets) is a very relaxed day but still competive
bazuky
bazuky

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayboy74 Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:32 pm

aaaarrgghh!!! the missus reminded me of a family function... Aunty's 70th birthday in Brisbane that day.. so bugger I'm out..
Jayboy74
Jayboy74

Back to top Go down

Post  ma1tese_fa1con Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Me and my boy are in for sure
ma1tese_fa1con
ma1tese_fa1con

Back to top Go down

Post  bazuky Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:26 pm

Jayboy74 wrote:aaaarrgghh!!! the missus reminded me of a family function... Aunty's 70th birthday in Brisbane that day.. so bugger I'm out..
suggest a picnic and bring the crawler just incase and then play dumb and "say look honey whats that group of nice respectable guys doing over there i might just go have a look" and then bingo your at the comp having the a great day and the rest of the family is out in the fresh air having a good time too
bazuky
bazuky

Back to top Go down

Post  lunatick Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:13 pm

Competitors

Scale
1. Stika
2. Bazuky
3. Ben Bazuky
4. Scottb
5. Lunatick

2.2 Trail

Outlaw

Rock Racing
1. Stika
2. Bazuky
3. Ben Bazuky
lunatick
lunatick

Legend Status : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  Big fella Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:58 pm

i will be there. scale for me
Big fella
Big fella

Back to top Go down

Post  stika Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi guys note the date change in the initial post

stika

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayboy74 Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:17 am

OK I'm in, for Sclae so put me down, Sunday 2nd October.

P.S. Do i need to water proof the rig?
Jayboy74
Jayboy74

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:18 pm

No water proofing needed Jay...Generally none of the courses have water deeper than 1/2-3/4 of a tyre.
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Legend Status : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next