south side softys wanna try some stuff on the not so soft north side

Go down

south side softys wanna try some stuff on the not so soft north side Empty south side softys wanna try some stuff on the not so soft north side

Post  bazuky on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:35 pm

hey guys me and wideload are haveing a fab day on sunday to fix/makin shi7 /installing some new parts then heading out to the dam at petrie in the arvo to test rigs and to see if it is a comp worthy site i know some of you guys are going to the quarry on sunday but why not give it a break and try some place else i think it is just as good but i am sure wide load will give it a good rating anyway if you are keen then give me a ring on 0414 423 013 cheers nathan
bazuky
bazuky

Legend Status : 3

Back to top Go down

south side softys wanna try some stuff on the not so soft north side Empty Re: south side softys wanna try some stuff on the not so soft north side

Post  azwa on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:21 pm

bazuky wrote:hey guys me and wideload are haveing a fab day on sunday to fix/makin shi7 /installing some new parts then heading out to the dam at petrie in the arvo to test rigs and to see if it is a comp worthy site i know some of you guys are going to the quarry on sunday but why not give it a break and try some place else i think it is just as good but i am sure wide load will give it a good rating anyway if you are keen then give me a ring on 0414 423 013 cheers nathan

sounds sweet bud ,
but unfortunately ive got quite a bit of work to do
as we havent even finished designing the track drunken
let alone clearing the shi7 thats covering some of the chosen sections
so unfortunately im a bit tied up for a couple more wks .

is petrie that full sick rocky spot bounce bounce ?????

im keen to check out this spot aswell mate .

azwa .
azwa
azwa

Legend Status : 16

Back to top Go down

south side softys wanna try some stuff on the not so soft north side Empty Re: south side softys wanna try some stuff on the not so soft north side

Post  bazuky on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:35 pm

thats cool azwa i thought you would be busy but yes it is a very rocky spot in some areas aswell as clay/dirt hills and some mud and water as deep as you want easy flat walk to the site and there is a shop 500 meters away for food/beers
bazuky
bazuky

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:02 pm

bazuky wrote:thats cool azwa i thought you would be busy but yes it is a very rocky spot in some areas aswell as clay/dirt hills and some mud and water as deep as you want easy flat walk to the site and there is a shop 500 meters away for food/beers

sounds sweet as ,
throw up a map of where abouts bud .
azwa
azwa

Legend Status : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:09 am

Pretty sure this is it.

WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Legend Status : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  scottb on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:00 am

Yeh sorry Nathan....i'm out going to Landcruiser Park to do some 1 to 1 crawling this weekend. Also still chasing a speedy for my truck.
Have bought a Futaba 4PL radio and a Hitect 12kg metal servo allready.......
scottb
scottb

Legend Status : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  ax10 crawler on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:07 pm

thumbs up for the location a mate and I went there today, its not a bad place when its damp but im guessing when its dry it would be allot different there is allot of scale tracks up all the wash outs some are really hard and some are simple, I think this place is good for scale and 2.2 scale
So todays list of cars were
stock honch
tamiya cr01
losi comp crawler
ax10/poison dart

All cars went well until the last canyon where the cr01 popped a drive shaft
Coming from the south side its a bit of a drive but well worth it
south side softys wanna try some stuff on the not so soft north side IMG_0128-2
i ve got some video to upload soon

ax10 crawler

Legend Status : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  bazuky on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:47 pm

Yeah sorry guys we got held u would not believe how fussy wide load is with his bar work lol
But it is a long drive for you southsiders but then it is the same for us when we come over that side of town but glad you like the spot and with a bit of work it could be a great spot maybe next time we can catch up and looking forward to the pics and vids
bazuky
bazuky

Back to top Go down

Post  scottb on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:00 am

Do you ever come over to the South side Nathan??????.........hahahahahah lol!
scottb
scottb

Legend Status : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  bazuky on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:08 am

Yes Scotty I have been to the dark side but the force is not strong in this one to keep me there
bazuky
bazuky

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayboy74 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:21 am

Could be worse i could throw out a social at Toowoomba? Found an excellent track I have deemed the WIDOW MAKER affraid due to its incline, length (over 100m of solid 45-80deg angles) and structural integrity (Rocks of varying sizes, roots, loose dirt, washouts), took me over 30 minutes to do less than 20m (might be my inexperience)

So nortshide to southside, you guys are lucky. lol!
Jayboy74
Jayboy74

Legend Status : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  ax10 crawler on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 pm

The video is up from redbank plains Embarassed apologize for the crawler at the end as this is his video from the week end

ax10 crawler

Legend Status : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  ntoff on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:32 pm

the WIDOW MAKER
This sounds interesting. Got map co-ordinates/google map link? Sounds similar to the hill that bested my crawler, kind of reluctant to take my CR01 up it Sad
ntoff
ntoff

Legend Status : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum