The Scale Garage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First try Lnc to scaler

+5
WIDELOAD
scottb
Ads
azwa
micks troll
9 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

First try Lnc to scaler - Page 6 Empty Re: First try Lnc to scaler

Post  micks troll Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:50 am

Ads wrote:yea she has come all together real nicely mick. i doubt i will get near 16kph, maybe the lunytick honcho on 3s might bounce

Mate the dyno's here to test if need be LOL
I put the 24 tooth pinion in and got around 5.6 k/hr not a huge difference between that and 22 tooth scratch Thought i ordered the 26 also but didnt Neutral
Stoked how it goes tho fast enough for me to keep up to it Laughing

micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:56 am

Well been testing the new gear in the truck and already had a failure, damn hd punisher shaft literally fell to pieces Mad Will fix with the tig but the uni all fell apart, hoping the Tower order comes before comp as have bought better ones to replace these p.o.s. Evil or Very Mad

micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:46 am

micks troll wrote:Well been testing the new gear in the truck and already had a failure, damn hd punisher shaft literally fell to pieces Mad Will fix with the tig but the uni all fell apart, hoping the Tower order comes before comp as have bought better ones to replace these p.o.s. Evil or Very Mad

dont say i didnt tell ya luck ya got the mip's afro

azwa

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:55 am

Help!!!!

My electrics are now playing up, tried 3 newly charged batteries and now have no throttle response at all. On start up the esc beeps then does the 2 beeps for the cells of the battery but doesnt do the final beeps.......sidewinder esc and scorpion motor with losi reciever and transciever????? had it happen yesterday and was like a dead battery but now on all 3 good batteries no go Sad

micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:02 am

micks troll wrote:Help!!!!

My electrics are now playing up, tried 3 newly charged batteries and now have no throttle response at all. On start up the esc beeps then does the 2 beeps for the cells of the battery but doesnt do the final beeps.......sidewinder esc and scorpion motor with losi reciever and transciever????? had it happen yesterday and was like a dead battery but now on all 3 good batteries no go Sad

how do you do it bro Laughing
i reckon ya ran over a chinaman lol! lol!

azwa

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:19 am

Sounds like its not initialising..

Check you throttle trim is centered first off then turn it on.

if that doesnt work, try rebinding the radio gear first and see if that fixes it.

If not, go through the calibration step for the esc again.

If in doubt....RTFM!

WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:39 am

cheers wideload it seems to be sweet now as set the throttle trim to centre Embarassed , only strange thing about it is it happened in the middle of playing???? so have reset it all and see if it plays up again.......
Cheers Mick

micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:45 am

Yeah happens now and then Mick...Castle gear is REALLY sensitive to radio input...

What i would do as well is plug in castle link and adjust the arming time out to 2-2.5s.
That means it'll take a bit longer to start up (finish beeping etc.) but it will find a better signal from the radio as its able to search for it a bit longer.

WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:30 pm

WIDELOAD wrote:Yeah happens now and then Mick...Castle gear is REALLY sensitive to radio input...

What i would do as well is plug in castle link and adjust the arming time out to 2-2.5s.
That means it'll take a bit longer to start up (finish beeping etc.) but it will find a better signal from the radio as its able to search for it a bit longer.

cheers will do cheers

micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ads Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:03 pm

if it starts to be come a common occurance, might be an excuse to upgrade the radio gear mick, the losi radio gear can tend to let go aswell. i no my losi stuff was startin to get on the blink before i changed gear to run queer steer on the LNC
Ads
Ads

Legend Status : 24

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:20 pm

Ads wrote:if it starts to be come a common occurance, might be an excuse to upgrade the radio gear mick, the losi radio gear can tend to let go aswell. i no my losi stuff was startin to get on the blink before i changed gear to run queer steer on the LNC

Yeh mate was thinking down those lines soon, but have spent a bit lately so minister of war and finance is on my back Razz
Hope it holds out for the comp at least anyway Cool
Cheers for ya help all, fingers crossed the lil chinaman doesnt find me for a while Laughing
micks troll
micks troll

Legend Status : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Ads Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:57 am

haha yea fair enoiugh mate, if any come asking for ya ill send em in the wrong direction lol!
Ads
Ads

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:07 am

Ads wrote:haha yea fair enoiugh mate, if any come asking for ya ill send em in the wrong direction lol!

haha cheers bloke Cool
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:40 am

Well the Chevpig is fully stripped down to bare chassis again Surprised I pulled the diffs apart to check em and they are spotless Shocked I will repaint the chassis as wont have a chance to make front or rear bar before the comp, but will fit recovery points for the comp Cool . I'm hoping to get some bling parts before the comp so she'll look good for all of 5mins again Twisted Evil bring on the comp!!!!

First try Lnc to scaler - Page 6 1
First try Lnc to scaler - Page 6 2
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:34 am

Well the Chevpigs back together and has a couple of recovery points on front and repainted chassis also fitted the Proline Titus rims to the Iroks. Looks the goods but need some work to get tyres to flex also get shocks to work better!! may have other tyres for the comp if order come through , Swampers, Iroks or Flat irons which should i chose???

First try Lnc to scaler - Page 6 DSC06835
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:35 pm

micks troll wrote:Well the Chevpigs back together and has a couple of recovery points on front and repainted chassis also fitted the Proline Titus rims to the Iroks. Looks the goods but need some work to get tyres to flex also get shocks to work better!! may have other tyres for the comp if order come through , Swampers, Iroks or Flat irons which should i chose???

First try Lnc to scaler - Page 6 DSC06835

lookin bling mick did ya cut ya foams ?
azwa
azwa

Legend Status : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:12 am

azwa wrote:lookin bling mick did ya cut ya foams ?

yeh but not enough Crying or Very sad still very stiff and with the wieghts it compressed the foam even more so are probably stiffer Neutral needs like half the foam gone!!
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:38 am

Dont hack your foams too much mick or you'll have issues with the rig falling over all the time due to lack of side wall support.

The biggest issue with the new rc4wd tyres is the internal ribbing they put in them makes the carcass too stiff.
Try sanding some of the inner ribbing off the inside of the tyre, mainly the single rib on the tread area. That will soften them up a fair bit.
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Legend Status : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  lunatick Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:31 am

WIDELOAD wrote:Dont hack your foams too much mick or you'll have issues with the rig falling over all the time due to lack of side wall support.

The biggest issue with the new rc4wd tyres is the internal ribbing they put in them makes the carcass too stiff.
Try sanding some of the inner ribbing off the inside of the tyre, mainly the single rib on the tread area. That will soften them up a fair bit.

Yeah after listening to Chucky ramble on all last sunday on the magic of the flat irons , i took the bajas of the Honcho and put the standard Flat irons back on it Shocked
And then managed to climb everything on my little home test track that the bajas can,t affraid
lunatick
lunatick

Legend Status : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:02 am

Welcome to RC4wd tyres...look awesome, dont work on 99% of the terrain out there.
Thats why i wish proline would release more 1.9 tyres
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Legend Status : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:13 pm

yeh cheers Troy, I only cut four triangles out so didnt change em much will pull off tyres and play with em a bit as you've said but have swampers and flatirons comin too so will have 3 sets to play with Cool

Luny ya trucks goin sweet shame about breakages today

speaking of breakages i have 2 HD punisher shafts for sale only 2 days playing old good nick.......apart from unis Twisted Evil
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ads Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:20 pm

go the swampers mick, maybe try swapping out the foams between them and the iroks, the swampers are killer
Ads
Ads

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:33 pm

Ads wrote:go the swampers mick, maybe try swapping out the foams between them and the iroks, the swampers are killer

Yeh mate was thinking of swapping foams around after seeing yours. I'll put the proline swampers on the titus weighted rims too, they helped today with the iroks but still need some work on the rubber and the loose nut behind the wheel Razz
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ads Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:10 pm

yea that should be a pretty good setup, ill wait to see how yours work with the foams before i commit to the 120+ screws to swap my foams, i got some more stick on lead weights to go on the steelies with the swamper foams
Ads
Ads

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:35 am

Ads wrote:yea that should be a pretty good setup, ill wait to see how yours work with the foams before i commit to the 120+ screws to swap my foams, i got some more stick on lead weights to go on the steelies with the swamper foams

yeh know what ya mean regarding bolts etc have 12 per titus rim and 6 per steely so now doin the two sets of titus again and the steelies will be a ball of fun Rolling Eyes my lil drill helps but still takes a while Neutral hope the order rocks up first.................
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:21 am

Well due to the black hole (aka me) our order hasn't arrived in time for the comp (well not all of it) Out of the order Az myself and a couple of others put together all we got was my sets of Titus rims the other 3 boxes are still in transit Evil or Very Mad in the mean time as i had some flat irons and swampers coming Az was kind enough to donate me a set of flatirons for the comp and also some borrowed tailshafts again since i have disintergrated some brand new HD punisher shafts (read P.O.S.) now she is running on piglet squell instead of wild boar Laughing

Here's some pics on the mini me flat irons and a shot of the 2.2 rock claws versus the 1.9 iroks versus the 1.9 flat irons!!!

First try Lnc to scaler - Page 6 DSC06852First try Lnc to scaler - Page 6 DSC06851First try Lnc to scaler - Page 6 DSC06849First try Lnc to scaler - Page 6 DSC06840
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:23 am

flat irons & no diff centres
should be preety hard to stop micko afro
azwa
azwa

Legend Status : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Ads Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:08 am

yea with the worm drives aswell, he's got no excuse not to win now, no pressure mate jocolor lol!
Ads
Ads

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:17 am

Ads wrote:yea with the worm drives aswell, he's got no excuse not to win now, no pressure mate jocolor lol!

haha funny thing is I've now decided to keep the Iroks on and loan the Flatirons out, mind you the Iroks aren't as they use to be Twisted Evil cant wait to get my own flat iron and swampers tho that way i can do direct comparos etc cheers bring on the comp!!!!! as long as the Chevpig doesn't drink too much juice (aka batteries) it'll be a sweet run! Got 3x 3200mah 2s lipos so should get the comp done ok. It just likes a drink tho, damn Chev:lol:
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  lunatick Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:25 am

micks troll wrote:haha funny thing is I've now decided to keep the Iroks on and loan the Flatirons out, mind you the Iroks aren't as they use to be Twisted Evil cant wait to get my own flat iron and swampers tho that way i can do direct comparos etc cheers bring on the comp!!!!! as long as the Chevpig doesn't drink too much juice (aka batteries) it'll be a sweet run! Got 3x 3200mah 2s lipos so should get the comp done ok. It just likes a drink tho, damn Chev:lol:
Maybe its time for a LPG conversion Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lunatick
lunatick

Legend Status : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:40 am

lunatick wrote:Maybe its time for a LPG conversion Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lol! yeh will need to change diffs before i do an injection tho, worms wont like it geek definite possibility, 3s halllllllo!

See how Chevpig goes this comp, not happy with the springs, hr shocks in general. I have others coming but no good not havin em for the comp, so I'll stick with it the way it is and get use to how it drives! The Iroks have had every third opposing centre lug taken out to open them up a bit and have noticed it's helping, also old school cutting inner star for the foams. Tyres still sit tall but a little more suptle now Cool

Looking forward to group order arriving, new swampers, new mip shafts, new flatirons, new shocks, heap of nuts and bolts etc etc give me a bit to play with after the comp anyway cheers
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

First try Lnc to scaler - Page 6 Empty Update

Post  micks troll Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Well an update, got new MIP shafts on, the new SX Swampers (Damn they're soft) on the Titus rims and the new Intergy shocks on but still cant drive as stripped the gears inbetween the pinion and spur again Mad Another couple of sets comin from LA parts along with HD worms with higher gearing Twisted Evil will update pics when order arrives!!!!
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:55 am

Well I'm over the losi centre gears stripping, so time to convert to slipper clutche etc. As long as i can get a 0 reduction transfer I'll be sweet any ideas???
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  ntoff Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:01 pm

micks troll wrote:Well I'm over the losi centre gears stripping, so time to convert to slipper clutche etc. As long as i can get a 0 reduction transfer I'll be sweet any ideas???
I don't know about the LNC but my LCC has a tiny little slipper clutch in it. There's a little nut and bolt with a REALLY small allen head sticking out the front of the gearbox. That adjusts the slipper. LNC might be different though. I've tightened the slipper up so it doesn't slip at all in mine, I get it bound up so tight the ESC detects too much load & just cuts out but the gears haven't let go at all. Maybe the LCC uses slightly different gears?
ntoff
ntoff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next