The Scale Garage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shockie oil

4 posters

Go down

shockie oil Empty shockie oil

Post  shadowz Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:10 am

just wondering what grade shokie oil people are useing in droop style setups.

my fronts have stopped dropping and making the rear sway far to much

shadowz

Legend Status : 0

Back to top Go down

shockie oil Empty Re: shockie oil

Post  WIDELOAD Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:29 am

There is no hard & fast number. Everybody prefers a different 'feel' to the way to suspension reacts.

If you aren't running internal springs i would look at a minimum of 60 to 70wt (can also be listed as 600cst or 700cst). If you are running internal springs you can go lighter wt oil. But the only way you would find out what works best is to buy a different grades and try them out.

As for the rear end sway, that is mostly because the stock suspension geometry sucks balls....You need to bring the chassis end of your lower links closer together. (That's what Nathan meant by in-boarding you links in your other post).

WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Legend Status : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowz Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:20 pm

ahhh i see
yeah i was afraid id have to "experiment" again with shockie oil.
as for inboarding my lower links. im not sure i can with the room ive given myself.
the upper (also shorter) links are almost centre at the diff end.. ive looked at my rig, and i can possibly do it
i'll try it tonight see if i have any joy..

im also gonna try move my battery back a bit.. maybe its too far forward..
gonna try with coils back in aswell..
just to see what happens.

thanks fer ya help mate.

hopefully i'll get to put faces to names soon enough.

shadowz

Back to top Go down

Post  bazuky Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:01 pm

Careful t you wish for unfortunately wide loads face is unforgettable I have but all I keep seeing is a beautiful man with a lovely spirit and a kind heart and a very giving nature. Just whatch the amount of #### that will come my now. Lol
bazuky
bazuky

Legend Status : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowz Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:37 am

sounds like a bromance.. ewwww.. Wink

and on a side note.. HSP are refusing to reply to my emails.. i had a few replies. as i was asking about an australian supplier of their parts.

i got their suppliers and asked them about the parts i am after.. no reply..

so i sent emails back to HSP asking if these parts are even made, as they are reccomended on the box, and listed as upgrades in the owners manual.

no more replys from them.

actually quite pissed off.

so i have orderd a ax10 owners manual off a freind who works at Mr toys so my next upgrades will be as such.

so angry tho.. why advertise (advertease.!) products they dont sell !!!!

shadowz

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:03 am

You get what you pay for when you get HSP. There is zero parts support...Ebay is your best bet or Axial stuff (99% of it interchanges). Or if in doubt, make you own shyt.
The other name for the HSP is also Exceed, so you might find some of the parts under that brand as well.

Hope you didnt pay for the Axial manual. You can download them or for free from the Axial site (click here)
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowz Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:57 am

nah it's a freebie lol

and i carnt make my own diff centres dammit all..

but yeah ax is pretty much same thing

shadowz

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:56 am

What diff centers do you need? I'm pretty sure Axial ones fit with next to no mods.
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowz Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:53 pm

at the moment mine are super glued.

the pangolin has lock diffs but a plastic hub.

has good stuff but there is plastic in places there should be alloy or steel.

weird much.. lol..

its kinda amusing but i'll fix it all up soon enough

shadowz

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:00 am

So you're talking about the mini spool that locks the diff? In that case i'm pretty sure that Axial ones do fit, they make an alloy one (that's shyt) or the iron cross ones which are stonger.
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowz Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:20 am

ummmmm..... mini spool? ( sorry i work on 1/1 cars )

drift shaft gear meets this peice... and its solid
http://www.rchobbyestore.com.au/Items/18009?sck=13657374&caSKU=18009&caTitle=18009%20ROCK%20CRAWLER%20DIFFERENTIAL%20CONNECT%20BOX%20RC%20CAR%20SPARE%20PART

and the akles meet here.. but the centre of the "connect box" (i know thats the wrong name... but its their's)
and slot into little cut outs.. (so hard without the right pik.)

i prolly sound silly about now.. all my on road cars were limited slip so like mini 1/1 diffs.. this is just a solid lump..

and the standard part from hsp is easy to find under $10 bux, but i know this will not last, so my only options is to buy many of them lol..

shadowz

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:11 am

Mini spool is a 1:1 term. Its a one piece (usually) locker that replaces the spider gears inside the diff hemisphere.
They usually look something like this: shockie oil 80508085323mini_spool
But that's besides the point.....

So you have stripped the locker that the axles go into? Looking at part you linked you should be able to get an axial diff center case (the bit that bolts to the crown wheel) as well as a mini spool/locker (goes inside the diff case to lock the diff)

Diff case: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Axial-AX-10-AX10-Scorpion-Small-Diff-Case-AXI80002-/370572274767?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5647d42c4f

mini spool/locker that goes inside the diff case to lock the diff: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Axial-AX10-Scorpion-Crawler-Heavy-Duty-Locker-AX30500-/220463159143?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item3354a0d767

Hot racing also makes a full metal locker that eliminates the diff case (full spool). But i can't find any at the moment.
The parts i've linked are enough to do both your front and rear axles as well.

WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowz Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:58 am

wow, awesome info cheers mate..

but for now all my finances are taken up with goin to NZ to see my parents.. and rego on two bikes.

one bike i am modding op a springer single seat and fibreglassing some new side panels... then im cutting the rear end of and fibreglass rear fender with harley style indicators ( they have built in brake lights )

so i just took the rig down to back of kingston park ( i dont know where else to go) and the drive shaft from the transfer case fell of... not the grub screw... the shaft is plastic and it popped off the little pin on the output shaft.. easy fix but .... shows me i need to harden everything everywhere..

shadowz

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Sat May 19, 2012 5:05 am

shadowz wrote:wow, awesome info cheers mate..

but for now all my finances are taken up with goin to NZ to see my parents.. and rego on two bikes.

one bike i am modding op a springer single seat and fibreglassing some new side panels... then im cutting the rear end of and fibreglass rear fender with harley style indicators ( they have built in brake lights )

so i just took the rig down to back of kingston park ( i dont know where else to go) and the drive shaft from the transfer case fell of... not the grub screw... the shaft is plastic and it popped off the little pin on the output shaft.. easy fix but .... shows me i need to harden everything everywhere..

hows it goin shadowz
azwa
azwa

Legend Status : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum