The Scale Garage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it.

+11
Aperture
SkR8Pn
Jayboy74
kakarot
micks troll
Rustykaos
scottb
Big fella
azwa
lunatick
WIDELOAD
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 Empty Re: WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it.

Post  WIDELOAD Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:55 am

Cheers for that man....I've been trying to work out someway to jerry rig a slipper set up on it, but that's pretty sweet. I know there was a how-to on Scale 4x4 to put a 32p set up on it using modded stock bits.
The only downside i can see with doing either of them, is it would move breakage down the chain to the bevel gears and/or the transfer gears.

To tell you the truth, i'm really surprised with the knock-off tyres. With the firmer foams i'm running they show next to no wear after 5 pack of flogging on concrete, bitumen, grass and dirt. I've only just taken off the mold rib and the sidebiters are slightly rounded over. Suspect
Plus they are dirt cheap, so i'm not overly phased if their tread life is fairly short.

WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 Empty Re: WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it.

Post  lunatick Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:09 am

Sorry to Hi jack your thread Rolling Eyes
But i was wondering if you no what the wheelbase and track width are of the cco1

PS I hate this build
coz its given me ideas and its gonna cost me money affraid

2nd PS Can,t wait to see it finished mate , coz it looks wicked cheers

lunatick

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:01 pm

lunatick wrote:Sorry to Hi jack your thread Rolling Eyes
But i was wondering if you no what the wheelbase and track width are of the cco1

PS I hate this build
coz its given me ideas and its gonna cost me money affraid

2nd PS Can,t wait to see it finished mate , coz it looks wicked cheers

All good Paul. RustyKaos/Jarrod is the man to see about cc01's mate..he's the OG with these things.

On the tamiya site,tTrack width is width is listed as 195mm, but you can tweak that with different offset wheels and hexs and Wheelbase on the FJ40 one is listed as 252mm, but there are 4 different wheelbase options you can set up out the box.

Cost on these things isnt acutally that bad...You can pick up a kit for no more than AUS$200 if you hunt round. Even hop-ups aren't that bad. Pair of CVD's for under $20

I'm hanging to finish it as well mate. I've just scuffed up the body ready to start paint tomorrow.... cheers

WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  lunatick Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:30 pm

WIDELOAD wrote:
All good Paul. RustyKaos/Jarrod is the man to see about cc01's mate..he's the OG with these things.

On the tamiya site,tTrack width is width is listed as 195mm, but you can tweak that with different offset wheels and hexs and Wheelbase on the FJ40 one is listed as 252mm, but there are 4 different wheelbase options you can set up out the box.

Cost on these things isnt acutally that bad...You can pick up a kit for no more than AUS$200 if you hunt round. Even hop-ups aren't that bad. Pair of CVD's for under $20

I'm hanging to finish it as well mate. I've just scuffed up the body ready to start paint tomorrow.... cheers

Thanks for the info mate cheers
Been toying with the idea of a Subaru brat ( brumby ) body on a Tamiya df03ra chassis
But now i,m thinking the cc01 might be a bit more fun

lunatick

Back to top Go down

WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 Empty PAINT IS DONE!!!!!!1111one

Post  WIDELOAD Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:39 am

Alright everybody i know a few of you lot have been hanging so see the lid painted. Here it is...
Not super happy with out it came out, but it could always be worse..I had issues with the mask i used for the black stripe being old so it lifted in a few spots causing bleed through in a few spots, and the body didn't have over-spray film on the outside so there are a few little blue and silver dots on the outside that i can't get rid of.. Rolling Eyes
To top is off, went out and put the first coat of silver on the rear end...walked back inside, looked at the table and realised i forgot the F**KING REAR WINDOW MASK!!!!!!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad

So now I've got to try and figure out what to do about the rear window, cut it out or just leave it as it and ditch the spare tyre totally.... scratch If you've got any ideas on how to fix it lemme know.

Onto the pics:
WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 Rightsidebig

WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 Leftside

WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 Rear

Still need to put the wing on as well:
WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 Wingtop

Just need the interior to show up so i can lock this thing down as done...Still waiting for parts Suspect

WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 am

she came up saweeeet troy , these things happen mate i wouldnt worry about the spare she looks just as good without it

azwa

Back to top Go down

Post  gravedigger Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:01 am

That looks awesome makes me want another cc01 Razz

gravedigger

Back to top Go down

Post  lunatick Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:20 pm

Could you cut the window out and put in some mesh
Although i reckon it looks sweet the way it is cheers

lunatick

Back to top Go down

Post  SkR8Pn Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:55 pm

The body came out sweet as. Cool

SkR8Pn

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:36 pm

azwa wrote:she came up saweeeet troy , these things happen mate i wouldnt worry about the spare she looks just as good without it

Thanks Azwa....for the moment i might give the spare a miss....still havent decided. scratch

gravedigger wrote:That looks awesome makes me want another cc01 Razz
Do it Chuck, dont be beech....One more rig never hurts, does it? geek

lunatick wrote:Could you cut the window out and put in some mesh
Although i reckon it looks sweet the way it is cheers
I think it would look a bit weird with mesh. Cheers for the idea though.
If i cut the window out i'll leave is either open or glue some clear lexan back in

SkR8Pn wrote:The body came out sweet as. Cool
Thanks Brotha....I'm starting to see past the f**k ups now and i'm liking it more and more. pirat

What i need is some more $$$ to get some carbon fiber rod to glue inside to stiffen up the whole body.
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Legend Status : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:43 am

Alright....Body is not done except for stickering up. Not going to bother putting the spare in the back...Really worried about the body falling apart if i cut the back window out, so it'll stay as it.
I mess the lower rear lights up somehow, measured the spacing out 5 freaking times and one still side ended up 3mm closer than the other... Mad

Piccys:
WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 Mount1

WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 Mount4

WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 Mount2

WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 Mount3
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  gravedigger Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:21 am

can't wait to see it in action
gravedigger
gravedigger

Legend Status : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:47 am

gravedigger wrote:can't wait to see it in action

Well here's a vid for ya chuck...Its only short and sketchy. Cant drive an film at the same time.
WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 Th_vid1

And its first scratches Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Front flare:
WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 1stscratch1

And the whole roof edge, front to back:
WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 1stscratch2
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustykaos Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:32 am

That's looking awesome there Troy. I think you need some softer shocks to soak up the bumps a bit better as it is bouncy as. I have just got the HPI mini trophy running a VXL setup with these tires as well but find them too soft. Where did you get the harder foams from?

Cheers Jarrod
Rustykaos
Rustykaos

Legend Status : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Big fella Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:07 am

That looks sh!t...hot mate good work.

paint the rear window black on the outside or mount the spare on the back to cover your fork up mabey.
Big fella
Big fella

Legend Status : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:25 am

Rustykaos wrote:...
Yeha i said in the previous posts the rear is stiff as hell....Even without shocks is still pretty rigid. For some reason all the rear links feel like they are binding up even though they aren't.
I'm out of $$ at the moment so new shocks will have to wait anyway, but it makes it fun to drive as is... lol!
I got the foams from a dude on ebay. He's based out the UK: link

Big fella wrote:...
Cheers mate, i know i hate it as well.... Razz
I'm just goin to leave it as is. I found a few bowlers that dont even have the spares and they look pretty sweet.

Its all stickered up now. Latest pics:

WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 Sitckerside

WIDELOAD's new project...Its a scaler, but not as you know it. - Page 3 Stickerrear
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:32 pm

Now I'm officially pissed off....My parcel from Junfac showed up today...and they sent THE WRONG F**KING S**T....Stupid dog eating c0ckheads!

So now I've got to post back when they've sent me and wait another 2-3weeks for the #### i ordered to arrive...Not f**king impressed! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  scottb Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:52 am

That sucks Troy........
scottb
scottb

Legend Status : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  ntoff Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:05 pm

I ordered some CR-01 shafts from them recently, are you sure they didn't just mix them up and send you mine? Check the measurements on them & see if they fit the CR-01. I haven't got mine yet but when they show up maybe they switched them since yours is the CC and mine's the CR?
ntoff
ntoff

Legend Status : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:14 pm

ntoff wrote:...

Nah mate, i ordered the 4link & skid plate kit. Not the driveshaft.

Not that is makes any different, a CR01 is totally different to the CC01 anyways. Dont think there are any parts that interchange
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  SkR8Pn Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:45 am

Man that is sweeeeet, starting to change my mind on IFS suspension.... well this too...cHeCk It
SkR8Pn
SkR8Pn

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:33 am

thats gold...plus it has boobs....

mmmm....Boobs.. Smile
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  Big fella Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:24 am

Where is the closest nissan dealer !!!!! i would like to check these out in person Very Happy
Big fella
Big fella

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayboy74 Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:25 pm

WIDELOAD wrote:thats gold...plus it has boobs....

mmmm....Boobs.. Smile

OK i've been through this post expecting boobs and was disappointed, did i miss something?
Jayboy74
Jayboy74

Back to top Go down

Post  Big fella Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:29 pm

SkR8Pn wrote:Man that is sweeeeet, starting to change my mind on IFS suspension.... well this too...cHeCk It

check the link Jay Shocked
Big fella
Big fella

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:05 pm

i only clicked the 2nd link to make sure it worked cyclops
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

bouncings so much fun ,use your wrist your hand your fist & keep it on the run .
remember that from the kids show in the 80's so suss sh!7 there lol! lol!

nice work jay.

azwa.
azwa
azwa

Legend Status : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Aperture Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:47 pm

TROY, ALL HAS GONE QUIET. WHAT HAPPENING TO THE LITTLE BLUE SMURF TRUCK ??
Aperture
Aperture

Legend Status : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayboy74 Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:18 pm

he's too busy watching Boobs
Jayboy74
Jayboy74

Back to top Go down

Post  bazuky Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:59 am

I think he is in coffs doing some secret testing for the interstate titles or he is doing something with rally cars and flags in coffs cheers
bazuky
bazuky

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:38 am

Aperture wrote:TROY, ALL HAS GONE QUIET. WHAT HAPPENING TO THE LITTLE BLUE SMURF TRUCK ??
I'm down in Coffs working at the World Rally Champs....Having a wicked time but been busy as all hell.

Jayboy74 wrote:he's too busy watching Boobs
There is some talent down here hey! Very Happy

bazuky wrote:I think he is in coffs doing some secret testing for the interstate titles or he is doing something with rally cars and flags in coffs cheers

I havent even had a chance to check out the comp spot yet...Its freakin hectic.
Nah i'm not working flags. I'm in time control logging the drivers into the start of stage. The team i'm working with is running the super special stage around harbour.

Here's a link to the vid from thurs night (the stage i'm working on): http://www.wrc.com/video/highlights/australia-2011-thursday-nights-action/?vid=2292

Yesterday's wrap up (including Loeb's big roll over): http://www.wrc.com/video/highlights/australia-2011-friday-wrap/?vid=2300

No pics though, havent had the time/not allowed to take them on the job.

WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  RiZZa Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Ooooh aaaahhhh thats purty right there What a Face
RiZZa
RiZZa

Legend Status : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:25 am

RiZZa wrote:Ooooh aaaahhhh thats purty right there What a Face

Cheers Rizza. Trust me she doesn't look like that anymore, the lid has taken a beating
But overall the truck has held up awesome.
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3