The Scale Garage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

social comp so who's keen for round 3 team events

+22
BENOLUX
Jayboy74
lunatick
bazuky
cliff
ax10 crawler
micks troll
rusty577
zeko
kakarot
Big fella
blacklion
RiZZa
scottb
luke
Rustykaos
gravedigger
Ads
Aperture
Troll98
WIDELOAD
azwa
26 posters

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Go down

social comp so who's keen for round 3 team events - Page 2 Empty Re: social comp so who's keen for round 3 team events

Post  WIDELOAD Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:09 am

Yeah 6th should be right for me as long as it doesnt conflict with any Qrock dates.
I'll try & get artii n Coz out as well.

RiZZa wrote:Unsure of vehicle status at that point, but I'm keen to give you a hand setting up, scoring and hanging ####.

Oooorrrr....if i go, i can just make sure i bring both my scalers and you can run one? Twisted Evil

WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

social comp so who's keen for round 3 team events - Page 2 Empty Re: social comp so who's keen for round 3 team events

Post  scottb Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:11 am

RiZZa wrote:Unsure of vehicle status at that point, but I'm keen to give you a hand setting up, scoring and hanging ####.

Your allways good at that....... lol!

scottb

Back to top Go down

Post  Troll98 Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:12 pm

6th works for me but any date suits me atm Damo71 might be joining in to he is just out of town for work atm.
Cheers Adrian.

Troll98

Back to top Go down

Post  RiZZa Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:07 pm

WIDELOAD wrote:Yeah 6th should be right for me as long as it doesnt conflict with any Qrock dates.
I'll try & get artii n Coz out as well.

Oooorrrr....if i go, i can just make sure i bring both my scalers and you can run one? Twisted Evil

Wow I get to drive the wh0re ? I hope my wife doesn't find out No Tehehe

RiZZa

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:07 pm

RiZZa wrote:Wow I get to drive the wh0re ? I hope my wife doesn't find out No Tehehe
They the honcho may give you the clap, but its reliable. Looking 2nd hand atm, the top of the snorkel got ripped off by my mate at fingal and the body has started to crack here and there.

WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:46 pm

we'll lock in the 6th for now but we'll cement it in as we get closer,
to make sure it doesn't clash with any other events,
cheers for the response fellas now its time for me to Sleep Sleep Sleep

azwa

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:11 am

allright less then a month to go here is a idea of what to expect:

hill drags- side by side racing up hill 2 cars at a time then swap tracks, winners advance to finals

hill climb- furthest point in the fastest time, 1 car at a time-this event will be timed-furthest point in the fastest time will be the winner(hence the name of the event)

canyon run- this event will be timed the course to be driven will involve all sorts of 4wdriving that would be encountered in a 1:1 style event & will include a bonus line
the course will be around 10-20 min worth of driving depending on conditions of the day & terrain.

tug of war- if time permits we may also have an event that tests the brute force of your truck.

the canyon run will have 3 penaltys only:
HOG - hand of god - any time you need to touch your vehicle 45 sec will be added to your time.
CTL - crossin the line - any time your vehicle goes out of bounds 30 sec will be added to your time
DNF - did not finish - if you can not complete the course your time will be 1 min longer then the slowest time,
if you are able to rectify the problem you may have a second attempt at the course.

and 1 bonus:
SSS - showin some skills - for those that make the bonus line 1 min will be deducted from there time,
attempting the line will not get a bonus you must drive it the time taken to attempt will not be deducted.

so far on the list of participants i have:
wideload
troll98
aperture
ads
gravedigger
rustykaos
luke
jamie
nick
azwa
rizza?
arti?
coz?
damo71?

let us know if your still keen & if any of the outlined events need altering i'm thinking 8am start
those who are still keen to help set up the canyon run course let me know as we might be goin there on sunday to have a look
it doesnt matter if theres 10 people as we can have a section each as long as you can drive the lot in 1 sequence & it doesn't matter if its a 20 min track
i'll be talking to local residents about the parking in there street so i will inform you all of where to park.

cheers fellas & i look forward to meeting you all soon,
Aaron.

azwa

Back to top Go down

Post  scottb Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:31 am

Yeh i'll be in as i said up there a bit.....thats if the trucks going

scottb

Back to top Go down

Post  gravedigger Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:05 am

So where are we having this comp ?? I'm guessing mt cotton Twisted Evil

gravedigger

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:23 am

gravedigger wrote:So where are we having this comp ?? I'm guessing mt cotton Twisted Evil

thats the one chuck mt cotton quarry
azwa
azwa

Legend Status : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Ads Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:41 am

im in mate, missed out over the weekend with both trucks (and the drifta lol) gotta pull my finger out now and get the honcho runnin sweet.

sounds like a good event with a bit of variety and simple but effective "rules"

cheers ads
Ads
Ads

Legend Status : 24

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:14 am

scottb wrote:Yeh i'll be in as i said up there a bit.....thats if the trucks going

what up with tha truck scotty didnt it like swappin from a toyota lol!
azwa
azwa

Back to top Go down

Post  scottb Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:47 am

Ahh....duno, keeps cutting out....then unplug power supply reconnect and its fine.Then drive 3ft and does it all over again.
I just bought a new lipo and its got a claytons dean plug fitted and seems to easy sliding it in to its mate. So i might change that and see how it goes.
scottb
scottb

Legend Status : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:38 am

check the male deans on the esc scotty.

I know i had a similar issue with one of the slashes and the spring on the male deans had lost is spring so it was loosing contact.
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Legend Status : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  blacklion Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm in... if my tyres arrive in time.. will let you know closer to the date.
blacklion
blacklion

Legend Status : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  scottb Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:45 pm

WIDELOAD wrote:check the male deans on the esc scotty.

I know i had a similar issue with one of the slashes and the spring on the male deans had lost is spring so it was loosing contact.

Thanks Troy....i will do that
scottb
scottb

Back to top Go down

Post  Big fella Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Put me down 2 Aaron should be good.

Why couldnt we ever get this many scale trucks together while i was living down there lads?
would have made Qrock events a blast.

Adam
Big fella
Big fella

Legend Status : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  scottb Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:56 am

The last Qrock there were only two of us....a very poor turnout. Mad
scottb
scottb

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustykaos Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:14 am

OK I am still a maybe as I have the day off work but just depends on the day how the baby and missus is doing as she has been very sick lately.
Rustykaos
Rustykaos

Legend Status : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Ads Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:20 am

got the honcho back runnin cyclops with a few new bits gone under her drunken Cool just got to get a chance to take it out on a test run and see how we get on for any tweaks that may be needed. only got this weekend really!lol!
water proofing isnt high on the list atm wanna drive it more first. will only be done if absoulty necesary. is this gonna try be kept as dry as possible aaron Question weather permitting of course haha Question (been a bit all over the shop lately)

cheers ads
Ads
Ads

Back to top Go down

Post  Big fella Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:58 pm

i dont think the quarry holds much water Ads, but its been like 6 months scince the last time i was there. it used to get fairly muddy after a bit of rain.

I am not water proof yet either Aaron Smile

dont stress scotty i will come to the next round of Qrock Very Happy cant beleive you on got 2 trucks there Shocked

Adam.
Big fella
Big fella

Legend Status : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Yup Adam,

Was only me and Scotty with the scale rigz....Twas sad... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad lol
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  RiZZa Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:21 am

Keep me down as a maybe. I might be in Lismore for extended family stuff Rolling Eyes
RiZZa
RiZZa

Legend Status : 9

Back to top Go down

Post  gravedigger Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:53 am

so how many do we have so far ??

me and son ( running 2 cars - or vehicles cyclops)
gravedigger
gravedigger

Legend Status : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ads Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:04 am

I'm in with the honcho and simo is in with his wrangler aswell
Ads
Ads

Back to top Go down

Post  scottb Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:36 am

Still waiting on gearbox bearings....then i'll have to sort out my electrical glitch
scottb
scottb

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:23 am

i will not be incorporating river crossings into the canyon run but if it rains it will be muddy
get ya trucks sorted out & reply if your in, even if its a maybe.i'll do a list 2moro.
i can't believe how fast this rocked around affraid
i will be at the quarry sunday arvo at around 3pm to have another look see,
your all welcome to come along & make suggestions cheers

Aaron.
azwa
azwa

Back to top Go down

Post  gravedigger Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:31 am

might be able to come out this sunday for a squiz
gravedigger
gravedigger

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:52 pm

gravedigger wrote:might be able to come out this sunday for a squiz

hope to see you there chuck,you can help with track setup. if ya can, bring a fold up shovel/pick.

cheers Aaron.
azwa
azwa

Back to top Go down

Post  gravedigger Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:05 am

will do
gravedigger
gravedigger

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:36 am

azwa wrote:
gravedigger wrote:might be able to come out this sunday for a squiz

anybody else want to help with track setup. if ya can, bring a fold up shovel/pick.

cheers Aaron.
azwa
azwa

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:03 pm

You can confirm Artii for the comp Az..
He'll be there. bounce
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  scottb Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:19 am

Sorry can't make it to help out today guys.....mother-inlaws 71st birthday...i'll never here the end of it if i don't go. Actually ....i don't have a choice lol!
scottb
scottb

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:47 am

WIDELOAD wrote:You can confirm Artii for the comp Az..
He'll be there. bounce

sweet as bud
azwa
azwa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next